Friday, August 1, 2014

Now Serving Flat Bread 8/1/2014

Good Morning,

Friday is here. I am celebrating with a big cup of Door County Hazelnut Crème Coffee. This one is way too good. It makes me want another cup.

Yesterday while driving home from work I caught a glimpse of a highway sign that was promoting a local eatery. The sign said "now serving flat bread". My first thought was "not too bright to say hey our bread is flat". Now I am modern enough to know that one of the new ways to eat a sandwich is on "flat breads". My point is this. The sign did nothing for me except to convince me that I still prefer fluffy bread like the rolls above. Now I am sure these guys serve delicious sandwiches on flat breads. But the message was a turn off to me. It did not appeal to me. I am sure that this wasn't their intent.

Many times in life we and me become preoccupied with many things. It might even cause us to pass someone without saying hi. The other person does not know what we have on our minds, but assumes we are cold and uncaring from the message we gave with our body or lack of attention.

We need to present ourselves as the friendly people we can be at all times. A smile and a hello goes a long way.

Matthew 5:47


"If you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same?

A simple greeting might be the start of a wonderful relationship, or it might just make the other person's day a little better.

Have a great day!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment