Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Leave Me Alone 7/16/2014

Good Morning World,

This morning is a cold one in Wisconsin for a July day. I slept with a window open and that gave me the need for hot coffee this morning. So the Door County Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee has to purposes and one of those is just to take the chill out of me.

1. Mark 1:35
Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed.

In today's busy world it is often hard to find peace and quiet, especially if it is for prayer time. This time alone in prayer is important for us to be able to communicate our concerns and listen to God. I am not suggesting that we be rude and say "just leave me alone"! But yet we teach those around us to understand that this quiet time is life itself. I know when my wife has her prayer time. It is usually in the early afternoon when she comes home from work. She knows that mine is early mornings. We work hard not to interrupt that time. I can only count a few times on one hand when I was interrupted during prayer. This half hour to an hour has been some of the sweetest times in my life and some of the hardest. But much, much needed time was spent at the feet of Jesus.

So lead your family to do the same. Give them time alone with God. Join them in prayer later. Teach them to be prayerful. Give the gift of quiet. You never know, you might be the one being prayed for.

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment