Thursday, July 3, 2014

Be At Peace 7/3/2014

Good Morning.

It is Thursday and I can see Friday just over the top of my glasses. I am starting the day with a cup of Door County Heavenly Caramel Coffee. I will also be taking a thermos filled with the same for later today.

Peace, is very hard to define. I see a foggy marsh with the sun coming up in October, ducks quacking in the dark and I am at peace. I see the flag of surrender after a long war and both sides agreeing to stop a conflict and I see peace. I see a small baby asleep in the arms of a parent and I see peace. I see to elderly people sitting together watching the fireplace glow and I see peace. I see someone passing from the life with the saving assurance that they have received Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and I see peace.

God loves all of us and expects us to try to live at peace with one another. We all know that this is a choice and that evil has crept into the world and intends on staying until God calls the end to evil. It is the evil within the world and within the human race that causes conflict. But yet God does not allow us to use evil as an excuse. We are to live at peace with each other. And as for us individually we are to strive for peace even if the other party does not want it.

Romans 12:18New International Version (NIV)
18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.

So today as hard as you can, try to bring peace to your part of the world by showing the love of Jesus to others through you.

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment