Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Don't Forget the Banana 10:25

Good Morning,

My coffee of choice today is Door County Peanut Butter Crunch. I feel like breaking out another pot of Christmas Coffee this week. Maybe Saturday?

I have always liked this quote. I don't know who wrote it so I cannot give credit to the wise writer. Nor can I take credit for this one.

"Remember the banana- when it left the bunch it got skinned"

Hebrews 10:25New King James Version (NKJV)
25 not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.

This is so true, so very true. We are to be members of a church. We are to be there to help one another, encourage each other, love each other and battle for one another.


1 Peter 5:8New King James Version (NKJV)
Be sober, be vigilant; because[a] your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.

When I see people who backslide and miss church way too often or decide that they can worship alone, I am perplexed. This is not how God intended us to exist within Christianity. We are to be a part of His family. I see people go out and try on their idea of life without accountability, spiritual growth and community and I see them fall flat on their face. Many times they will then blame the church because "no one reached out to me, I wasn't fed enough, I didn't fit in". What I say to that is "really"????????? You did not extend yourself either or you really wanted the world more than you wanted a family.

We all need accountability, teamwork, help and love. It gets lonely and dangerous out there alone.

Are you in a bunch? Or are you ready to be mashed into banana bread?

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment