Monday, July 7, 2014

The Most Important Project 7/7/2014

Good Morning,

Cherry Crème Coffee from the Door County Coffee Company has filled my cup twice already and now I am off to work.

Last night after supper I went out to the garage to finish a couple small chores before the rain storms were to come. I trimmed some rose bushes and put away chairs that won't be used again for awhile. Once those two chores were complete I started in on a project that my grandson and I began a few weeks ago. We started refinishing an antique medicine cabinet. Dominick had stripped off all of the old paint and had it ready for repainting. As I worked on the refinishing my thoughts went to wondering how it would look when it is finished. I see many nights slowly painting each side with several coats of paint. My thoughts turned to our grandson and how hard he worked on the cabinet.

The two of us worked on several projects together this last month. But the most important project was just spending time together sharing fun times and knowledge. Yes we shared knowledge. Dominick showed me a few things around a computer and tools that I had not learned so far in this lifetime. I was able to show him how to shoot a clay target and clean a gun. But the most important part was the time we spent discussing life, praying and talking about the daily devotions we read. I really enjoyed this last month. I need to be thankful to God for this time.

1 Timothy 6:17New International Version (NIV)
17 Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment.
 
Have a great day. Enjoy a project, enjoy a kid, enjoy talking about God. Be blessed.
 
Marty
 

No comments:

Post a Comment