Thursday, July 24, 2014

Don't Give Up 7/24/2014

Good Morning,

Thursday looks to be a busy one as well as a long one. I am going to coffee up with a cup of Door County German Chocolate Cake.

Have you ever started something and as easy as it sounded to do, the project became super difficult and it caused you to give up? What about a relationship, either personal, ministry or business? Those of us who quit will never know how close we came to succeeding or what great things could have happened if we had stayed on course.

When I was a young boy, while deer hunting in the North woods of Wisconsin I became lost. Not just a little lost, but big time lost. The first thing I gave up on was my compass. I truly believed that the stupid thing couldn't North without a sign. The next thing I gave up on was my training. The last thing I gave up on was myself. I really believed that I was on the right path to our trucks, but after walking in one direction foe a long time I decided to turn back and head another way.

By this time a few men were searching for me and picked up my tracks. They were pretty excited to see that I was headed toward the trucks, until they saw me turn in the wrong direction. Later I found out that I was just 100 yards from the trucks which were parked just around the bend.

I quit and gave up on my gear, my training and myself. At that time in my life I did not know enough to pray. Below are some Bible verses that might just help you when you are tempted to quit.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil 4:13

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9

Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you. Deut. 31:6

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Eph. 6:10

The LORD is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him. Psalm 28:7

I will go in the strength of the Lord GOD; I will make mention of Your righteousness, of Yours only. Psalm 71:16

We all become discouraged from time to time. But for Christians there can be no excuse for quitting. If God brought us to it, He will see us through it. We are His kids. By the way, one of those frantically searching for me in the dark was my Dad. He knew that I had given up on my gear, my training and myself. He did not give up on me and came to my aid. God does the same.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment