Monday, July 21, 2014

Lesson On Hope 7/21/2014

Good Morning,

Here's hoping someone tells you that you are loved today. My coffee this morning is Door County Cherry Crème. Just need to pack my lunch grab another coffee and it's off to work.

I want to spend a little time today looking at Psalm 71. I have a few thoughts to share.

The Psalmist is speaking about how his life has been very rough as of late.  He proclaims more than once that God has been is refuge and hope.  Notice how the Psalmist responds to his enemies that say to him that God has left him forsaken.
10 For my enemies speak concerning me; those who watch for my life consult together 11 and say, “God has forsaken him; pursue and seize him, for there is none to deliver him.”….14 But I will hope continually and will praise you yet more and more. 15 My mouth will tell of your righteous acts, of your deeds of salvation all the day, for their number is past my knowledge. 16 With the mighty deeds of the Lord God I will come; I will remind them of your righteousness, yours alone.
This should stand out to all of us as a challenge. Despite the rough times the Psalmist is experiencing he continues to praise God. This is true faith at it's best. This is an example to live by.
20 You who have made me see many troubles and calamities will revive me again; from the depths of the earth you will bring me up again. 21 You will increase my greatness and comfort me again.22 I will also praise you with the harp for your faithfulness, O my God; I will sing praises to you with the lyre,
O Holy One of Israel. 23 My lips will shout for joy, when I sing praises to you;
my soul also, which you have redeemed. 24 And my tongue will talk of your righteous help all the day long…

I wonder if we could even have this attitude and faith for even part of our day?

We won't know, until we try.

God bless,
Marty

By the way, you are loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment