Friday, July 18, 2014

Airliner Down. We Must Pray. 7/18/2014

Good Morning,

It's hard to write about coffee or Friday this morning. I am drinking a cup of Door County Hazelnut Crème Coffee today. But I must admit as delicious as I know it is, it is hitting a numb set of taste buds today. My body is going through the motions of life but it seems as if the world is spinning too fast for me.

Yesterday I came home and turned on the news just to hear that a civilian airline was shot down over the Ukraine and near the Russian border. Of course the whole world is pointing fingers as to who did it and of course their are differing opinions. Whoever did it knows who they are and their judgment day is their own to bear. Then in the next 15 minutes of the news I find that Israel put troops into the Gaza strip. I can't understand the fighting going on over there and of course the whole world has opinions. I want to scream and just say "knock it off".

I could scream all day long and it would never do any good. People are losing loved ones every day. And to shoot down an airliner of civilians that is just plain terrible.

I am calling on all of those who read this today to stop for a moment and pray for the families that have lost loved ones. Pray that the local churches step up to console those near them that hurt. Pray for the world leaders and ask God to take a heavenly crowbar and pull their heads out of their back sides. Also pray for those who hate one another enough to kill each day. Pray that they meet Jesus the Savior of the World. Pray that they can find peace and love through Him.

1 Timothy 2:1-2 First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way.

Please join me today for a time of silence and prayer.

Love to all.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment