Friday, July 4, 2014

United States Independence Day 7/4/2014

Good Morning,

I am indulging a weakness this morning. I am one of those nuts that can't wait until Christmas. I prefer the colder weather to summer. I am happiest in the fall and winter. Deep within the kitchen cupboards in our home I have a small supply left over (hoarded) of some of the Door County Coffee Company's fall and holiday coffees. So this morning I am drinking a few cups of Door County White Christmas Coffee. I can see the Christmas tree right now.

In the United States we are celebrating our Independence Day today. In 1776 we declared independence from England and a long war was fought to obtain our freedom and to govern ourselves with democracy. Many have fought and died to keep that freedom secure over and over again. For that I am truly thankful. I know that some of you who read this are in other countries where your freedom is limited. My heart goes out to you. Some of you who read this are in countries who have named the United States as "enemies". It might not even be legal for you to read this because of it's Christian basis. Me heart is extended to all of you also.

But I would like to talk about another freedom everyone has. The right to choose who you worship. God in heaven does not force Himself on us. He extends the gift of Himself through Jesus Christ His only Son. He sent Jesus to be the atonement for our sins. Never ever does He force us to believe that our worship Him. It is a choice that he gives. This is open to every person of every nation. Every color, every gender, every age can come to God through Jesus Christ, or not. This is true freedom. I am blessed to be in a country where I can express my choice openly. I do not need to hide my choice, nor do I wish to do so.

Joshua 24:15King James Version (KJV)
15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

I made that choice many years ago on July 7th 1981. It was that day when my heart was lightened from a load that I could not carry. But it was my choice, No gun or threat was held to my head, just an offer of love, forgiveness and acceptance was made. An offer that I found hard to refuse.

Today many people are still without Jesus in their life and heart. They lack assurance of eternal life with God the Father in Heaven. Please accept this gift, or if possible tell someone about our loving God who extends His love to us through Jesus Christ.

Have a great day.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment