Monday, July 14, 2014

Shoveling Dirt 7/14/2014

Good Morning,

Yesterday afternoon I finished moving the last of a large pile of dirt that was purchased for yard and lawn repair. Therefore this cup of Door County German Chocolate Cake Coffee tastes better than ever as it washes down some arthritis medication. I am sore and tired today.

In order to do this chore I needed some tools. A shovel, a rake, a wheelbarrow, a broom and my back and arms were also thrown into the equation. The process is simple. Shovel the dirt into the wheelbarrow, take it to it's final destination, dump it out, spread it level, then jump on it to make sure it is compacted and will stay in place, add more if needed. This is very tiring.

Simple enough. I think many of us spread dirt every day and come home tired and crabby. What I am trying to say is that spreading gossip and slander is the same thing. We have to shovel it on to someone, make sure there is enough, and then jump on it to make it stick. Then if needed we have to add more. The reason we are tired and crabby is that once we start a rumor or slander on someone there never seems enough and we always have to add more. The process I performed yesterday could not have been done without getting myself sweaty and some of the dirt on my clothes and shoes. This my friends in the realm of gossip and slander is sin. When we are shoveling dirt on to someone we are actually in sin and creating a way for others to talk about us. (Reaping what you sow) Jumping on dirt takes effort and is painful to the one who is on the receiving end of the dirty gossip and slander.

Each day there is enough physical labor to perform at work, home or community. Why dirty (sin) yourself and get tired by shoveling gossip and slander?

Leviticus 19:16 You shall not go around as a slanderer among your people, and you shall not stand up against the life of your neighbor: I am the LORD.

Enjoy your Monday. Buddy up instead of muddy up.

God bless,
Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment