Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Sympathy 7/2/2014

Good Morning,

Today is a great day to be alive. It is the middle of the week and there is Friday just waiting ahead of me. My coffee this morning is Door County Peanut Butter Crunch.

Yesterday morning I received some news about someone I hired while in another position within the company I work for. I was told that this young lady had passed away unexpectedly in the night. Her new manager was very shaken and I can say that the news floored me also. I prayed for her family after the phone call and for her co-workers.

Later last night as I was thinking and praying and her co-workers were on my mind. Those guys reported to me for a long time. I did not know what to say to them that could help. But I made a few phone calls anyway. We chatted and it was good. School never tells you what to say at times like these. But we can have compassion and just pass it forward. Being visible or making a phone call to others is about all you can do sometimes. Don't let people go it alone. Let them know you care. They don't care about how much you know until you show them how much you care.

Practice compassion.

Colossians 3:12    
Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience,

It is one of God's ways of revealing Himself to others who hurt.

Love to all.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment