Saturday, July 20, 2024

Lunch With The Boys 7/20/2024

 Good Morning,

I am off to the "races" this morning and my cup of Door County Inn Keepers Blend Coffee it tasting mighty fine. 

Hebrews 13:16 Do not neglect to do good and share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God. 


On Thursday I was treated to lunch by two of my old coworkers. We worked at the same company for some time and after I retired the plan was made to get together for a lunch date. It was sure nice to see those two fellas and reminisce over many topics. 

I have always said that it's isn't the company or the job that makes a person stay at one place for awhile. It is the people they encounter. We serviced many clients and over time they became like friends to me as well. I had a manager who always said thank you and was a lot of fun to work for. The people I worked directly with are missed as I venture out in to retirement.  Retirement fits me pretty well. 

But back to the folks I worked with and worked for. I enjoyed being around those folks. They made some tough days easier. They probably won't be reading this. But if I were to choose some folks to work with and for the coworkers would be the same. My boss would be my choice once more and the clients would be the same also. I can honestly say this about every one of the jobs I held over the years. 

They came to work and had the attitude of how can we make each day easier and enjoyable. They cared about each other and often went above and beyond to show it. 

My advice to the young folks in the work arena. Go to work and earn your pay. Make your work team know that you care for them. Treat your clients or customers the way you would want to be treated. Thank God for the opportunity to work, any job is a blessing from Him. Work as if you needed to be hired newly each day. Be that worker who makes a difference. 

God bless,

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment