Thursday, July 25, 2024

Easier Said Than Done 7/25/2024

 Good Morning,

I have been looking forward to this day all week long. I will be traveling a little bit and then I will be working in a group setting for dog training. I have with me our dog Leo and our nephew's dog Waylon. Despite the warm weather this morning I will enjoy working with other dog enthusiasts and I will be sure to enjoy my Thermos bottle full of Door County Chocolate Raspberry Truffle Coffee. 

I have been on the receiving end of this statement while I was fighting a spiritual battle or two. People mean well when they say "Hang in there. Be full of courage or be courageous." I actually have found myself handing that same advice to others. 

We need to remember that while you are fighting a spiritual battle one after another or the world just seems to have made you it's punching bag. It is hard to be courageous. 

Usually lack of courage is supported by a heavy dose of fear. I just had someone tell me that it's hard to be courageous when you fear the next beat down from the world around you. 

I gave him some spiritual ammo that I found myself praying now and then. "Lord let my hope be only in you. Remind me of your loving care and compassion that covers all the details of my life . 

Psalm 31:24 Be strong and take heart all you who hope in the Lord. 

It's easier said than done sometimes to be courageous. It's at that time when those around others who might need a helping hand or prayer need to jump in and carry those who are struggling for a little bit.

Food for thought. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment