Monday, July 29, 2024

Guns And Cancer 7/29/2024

 Good Morning,

I am enjoying a very large cup of Door County Jamaican Blue Mountain Blend Coffee and it is time to write. 

Last Saturday I attended and participated in a fund raiser that supports cancer research and patient needs. A wonderful sportsman's club "Wern Valley" sponsors the event with the use of their pristine land, equipment and buildings.  The event is well attended and funds are raised by the fee for shooting different courses of sporting clays, raffle tickets, donations, music, and the sale of food and beverages. I stalled to write about the event as I waited for the tabulation of the proceeds. I am proud to say that the event raised  $57, 762 toward a worthy cause. 

1 Timothy 1:5 ESV The aim of our charge is love that issues from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith.  

All too often we read or hear the side of guns that destroy lives and are used in crime. One could also say that the money spent on ammunition, registration fees, food and beverages could be just donated instead of the gun use.  I hear that point but do not support it. A large crowd of people young, old, male and female took part in this worthy cause. For me and my family and friends, this outing has become a tradition of comradery, fun and serious support for the fight against cancer. 

In addition it proves that a large group can gather with who knows how many guns and not one shot was fired in anger at a human, no drive by shootings were recorded. This event was attended by responsible people who take gun ownership and safety seriously. They also take the disease of cancer seriously. 

I am proud to say that I was there with people I love and respect. Guns and Cancer, who would have thought?

Marty

$57,762!! $ 5$57,762!! 7,762!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment