Wednesday, July 3, 2024

It's Ok To Be Silly Now And Then 7/3/2024

 Good Morning,

I have next to me two wet Springer Spaniels and a hot cup of Door County Jingle Bell Java Coffee to enjoy as I write.

Proverbs 15;15 All the days of the afflicted are evil, but the cheerful of heart has a continual feast. 

Proverbs 17:22 A joyful heart is good medicine. But a crushed spirit dries up the bones. 

Our two dogs are wet from the rain that that is still soaking our are of the world. They went outside to do their morning dog business and then did not want to come back inside. So I had to dry them off after they were finished chasing rabbits and squirrels. Good start to the day!

Once that was done I could brew a pot of coffee. Notice I am drinking a Christmas flavor in July. My wife Rene observes Christmas in July by watching Christmas movies on her favorite television channel. The Hallmark Channel has this quirky observance every year. It gets under her skin a little when I brew the Christmas java just to chide her a little bit. To be honest, Rene would have Christmas decorations out on display if she had her way. She told me that she has one out somewhere in the house and I can put it away if I can find it. 

My point for the day is this. Things are not always serious in this home. We both enjoy a good joke, and we like to laugh at ourselves and each other now and then. Life is too short to be dead serious all the time and walk in a cloud of silence. 

There are so many things that make our house a home, but one of the main ingredients is laughter. Laughter is good for the soul and usually brings a smile to your face. It's ok to be silly now and then and life does not have to be a constant state of seriousness. Laugh while you can and enjoy it. 

As I close this blog for the day I want to wish you all a "Merry Christmas" in July.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment