Thursday, April 11, 2024

What A Mother Can Teach You. 4/11/2024

 Good Morning,

It is dark in the house this morning as I write. The light from my lap top is just enough to do the job. A hot mug of Door County Turtles In A Cup Coffee is bringing me back to life this morning. It is time to write. 

Psalm 39:7 And now, O Lord, for what do I wait? My hope is in you? 

                                                               Mothers Coaster Wagon

Today would be my mom's birthday. She passed on to glory many years ago and I truly miss her. Have you ever given it a good thought as to some of the things you do every day was probably taught to you by your  mother? I recall my mother teaching me how to tie my shoes. Yesterday I replied to a question as to whether or not I wanted my purchase placed into a bag and my answer was "yes please". When I left the store I thanked the clerk and said "have a nice day". I learned to be polite from my mother. 

This weekend I will bake some rolls and once again it is something I learned how to do from my mother. I was never really the shining star of a son that she wished I was. And mother was also very honest. I knew of my status with her because she told me so. Yet, I knew she loved me and wanted  the best for me, even though I didn't always want it for myself.

The one thing that rang very true in her life is that she believed in prayer. I know for a fact that Mom prayed for her family daily and you just knew that when she said she would pray, she did. Are you a praying mother? Can you be seen with your notebook and Bible praying for one of your offspring? 

Even though your children let you down, are you still a praying mother? Do you find your hope in the Lord? 

Food for thought?

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment