Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Life Can Be Tough. Why Make It Tougher? 4/24/2024

 Good Morning,

The day began early for me with prayer and some Door County Blueberry Cobbler Coffee. I have an egg and some fresh fruit waiting for me to finish writing.

Colossians 4:2 Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving.


It' s that time of the year when high school proms are in full swing or have already been experienced. The girls get all fancied up with pretty dresses, new hairdos, and they walk like chickens as they try to maneuver in high heel shoes. The boys buy a suit or rent a tuxedo and then purchase a corsage for their date. 

Emotions on that night run high and for some youngsters "love is in the air". I recall some proms in my life and here's a funny one. The day of the prom, I would go to the barbershop and get my hair trimmed up for the big night. I would also ask to get a "hot shave". The barber humored me and provided a very close shave  and when he was finished with my baby face he would slap on some after shave that would bring tears to my eyes from the sting of the alcohol. Notice I sport a beard now. 

Some of the prom nights went into the next morning with a breakfast picnic. I am not sure if that still happens now. I am sure one thing hasn't changed. Parents, still lay down some rules and expectations for the behavior of their teens. This is good and hopefully never changes. One thing that I wish would have taken place in my day as I look back on some prom escapades. I wish someone had taken my date and myself aside and prayed with us. 

Life is tough and proms bring some emotions along with them. Late night driving as well as the temptations that come along, by just being a teen should not spoil a wonderful night. Why not take five minutes after all the pictures are taken and pray with the kids before they leave. We all know you are hoping deep down inside for a safe return. 

Food for thought. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment