Saturday, April 13, 2024

Strange Noises For The Middle Of The Night 4/13/2024

 Good Morning,

I have the pleasure of watching the sun come up this morning with a hot cup of door County Black and Tan Coffee in front of me. It is time to write. 

Last night at 2:30am I was awakened by the sound of a small flock of geese flying though our yard and over our home at a very low altitude. I know it was 2:30 because I was staring right at the alarm clock. Their approach to our air space started being announced well before they small group flew over our bedroom. Their honking was loud and clear. It created a small ruckus inside the home, as our youngest hunting dog was all about wanting outside to retrieve a goose or two. A few minutes later all peace and calm was restored to the home and I was sound asleep again. 

We do have a lot of geese who are nesting near by and they do call this area home. I am used to the honking early in the morning and early evening. This change of of flight times was quite strange. Something must has scared the geese from their night roost. 

My point for the day is this. We all have something that wakes us up now and then. Something that causes lack of sleep. It's like a thought, a problem, a hurt, or most of the time a worry that flies over the peaceful night and disturbs our rest. It wakes us up and we find it hard to return to sleep. 

Last night was sort of an example, a weak analogy at best. I could not do a thing about the geese flying over. It would have been silly and futile to let our goose hunter dog loose to chase flying geese in the dark. The best thing I could do was to calm him down, say a little prayer and give my rest time back to God's hands and sleep.

We just need to take the worries, problems, hurts, and woes and let them fly by. There is usually nothing we can do at 2:am that can impact the outcome anyway. 

1Peter5:7 NKJV Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you. 

Psalm 127:1-2 NKJV Unless the lord builds the house, they labor in vain who build it. Unless the Lord guards the city, the watchman stays awake in vain. 2. It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows, for so he gives His beloved sleep. 

My friends, the geese moved their roost last night. I trust God gave them the common sense and instinct to do so. Like most of our worries and woes, God desires for us to turn them over to Him and use the night to rest and early morning to continue that rest.

Have a great day. Turn those issues over to God and sleep my friends. 

Marty



No comments:

Post a Comment