Sunday, April 21, 2024

A Sweet Aroma 4/21/2024

 Good Morning,

I have in front of me a cup of steaming hot Door County Jamaican Me Crazy Coffee and it is time to write.

Later today my wife Rene and I will be attending Sunday Dinner with my side of the family. My brother has invited us to a family gathering and I have been looking forward to it all week. He started cooking for the meal yesterday and I am sure the dinner will be scrumptious. I can only imagine the aroma of the pasta sauce for now. But later I will be right up front to take in the sweet aroma of that simmering pot of sauce.

Philippians 4:8 NIV Finally brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent and praiseworthy, think about such things. 

What will make the day even better for me is the memories the Italian dinner will trigger of so many meals with family who are long gone now. To me the memories will be a sweet aroma for my mind. 

The trip down memory lane will flood my mind with different thoughts and certainly memories of different times. I can't bring back all those folks who are missed at times like these. I can still hear everyone saying grace before those big meatballs were passed around and waiting to hear Grandma give the command  " mangarie",. Eat!

My brother and I will be the only ones at the table today who will recall those days and even so, my brother may just barely recall those days as there is a large age difference between him and me. 

I raise my glass to golden memories, and creating more! What a sweet aroma that is!

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment