Monday, April 22, 2024

Locked Out Of The House 4/22/2024

 Good Morning,

A hot cup of Door County Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee is sitting in front of me. And it is time to write.

Lately my wife Rene and I have been securing things in our home a little better than we have in the past. This includes locking more doors than we did before and be diligent to making our home more safe and secure. 

Psalm 37:23 The steps of a man are established by the Lord, when he delights in his way. 

Yesterday however I had an early appointment to check out some land for my turkey hunt.  I must have reset the passage lock and when I closed the door, I locked myself out of the house. Of course I had left the set of keys for the passage lock in the kitchen. 

I went about my morning business and figured I would ring the doorbell when I reached home and Rene would let me in. I arrived home and wouldn't you know that my bladder was full of Door County Coffee and I was starting to dance a little in the garage. Rene heard the doorbell and all the commotion in the garage and when she opened the door I ran in to use the restroom. She thought it was funny that I was in such a hurry. She also pointed out that it was my idea to be more secure in our home. She asked me what I had done with my key and I explained that I have two sets of keys. When things go wrong, I can always count on her to give me plenty advice on what I should have done. She could tell that I was not in the mood for advice and I just wanted in. 

Here's my point for the day. Every plan should have a back up plan for failures that occur with the original plan. I moved the key from one ring to being housed with my other keys. No need for an additional key ring??? Each home should have a fire evacuation plan and some fire extinguishers. Access to a spare key is essential to functioning as a family. So while you are processing this in your mind, how is the air pressure in your spare tire? When did you check it last?

Being organized leads us through  many calamities. 


Marty



No comments:

Post a Comment