Monday, April 29, 2024

Just A Thought While Sitting At My Desk This Morning 4/29/2024

 Good Morning,

My cup of Door County Churro Coffee is almost gone already and when I finish writing I will have a second cup. 

It has been raining now for two days and the dampness is even being felt in our house. I made a small fire in the fireplace this morning just to chase the chill away. I am a little embarrassed to say that I believe I "over rested" last night. I was asleep very early and was late to rise this morning. 

Today, I don't have to work at my job. Things with my job are winding down and by the end of May, I will be fully retired. Who knows what the future holds for me, and if there is another life adventure I might take. But as of now I will plan to catch up on some things that have needed to be done around our own home. I have been training my replacement and he has caught on quickly. There will be some work for me yet as we finish out his training and I continue to help out. But the end is in sight.

I am one who usually has a plan as to what is next and this time I don't. My goal is to trust God and see where He leads. I know and trust that He holds the future. Even though I do not know what is next, there is peace in trusting God to lead me to whatever it is. 

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

And I believe the one immediate plan for today is the second cup of coffee,

God bless, as you let Him lead your next day or adventure.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment