Friday, April 26, 2024

Slobbered Up Oreos Are The Best 4/26/2024

 Good Morning,

I am taking it slow this morning. My Door County Jamaican Me Crazy Coffee is super hot this morning, just the way I like it. It is time to write. 

I was thinking about our daughter last night and this morning. I was smiling last night as I listened to an Oreo cookie commercial. The thought of that Oreo took me back a lot of years.  Our daughter Kristy was very little and was just learning to walk and she would toddle around with an Oreo cookie in her hand. She could make that cookie last an hour as she went from one thing to another leaving Oreo DNA and fingerprints everywhere. She did not really eat the cookie but just licked it and slobbered all over it. 

Luke 3:11 ESV And He answered them," Whoever has two tunics, is to share with him who has none, and whoever has food is to do likewise". 

Even at that young age she liked to share things with others. She would approach me with the well used cookie and start jabbering "Da Da bi" which meant "Hey dad want a bite"? She would insist that I take a bite of that gooey mess. I would exaggerate how good it was with a big "Hmmm Good." That would satisfy our do good little girl until the next time when she wanted to share a bite. 

We live several states away from Kristy  and as I think of her this morning I would love to be dunking some Oreos into a cup of coffee with her. I am still pleased that the sharing character of our little girl is now a woman who shares so much with others and seems to be endlessly sharing a meal, cookies and niceties with her neighbors, family and friends. Now that I think of it with my heart strings, those soggy Oreos were probably the best ones I ever tasted. 

Teach your kids and grand kids to share. It is seasoning for the heart.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment