Thursday, April 25, 2024

Protecting The Plants 4/25/2024

 Good Morning,

My Door County Blueberry Cobbler Coffee is tasting mighty fine this morning. I am going to allow time for two cups for sure. It is time to write.

Last night we experienced a frost warning from the nightly news and we decided that a little action was in order to rescue some fragile plants. My wife Rene and I divided up the work and within minutes we had done all we could to save our vegetables from the freezing temperatures. I had a busy day yesterday and it went into last night. Rene as well was up early yesterday helping a friend get to the hospital for a procedure. We were both tired last night, but knew we needed to not waste our money and work by not covering the plants or taking them inside if possible. 

The teamwork reminded me that we are blessed to have each other and just how much we share in the work around the house. The night before, we were gifted a load of firewood and when I go home my wife met me in the yard with work gloves and she helped me stack firewood in the dark. 

Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor. 10. If one of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up. 11. Also, if tow lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone?12. Though one may be overpowered two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not easily broken. 

We would not be a team if it weren't for the 3rd strand in our marriage. God brought us together many years ago and as our bodies grow older we are even more needing to work together. I believe age has refined and strengthened our team. We are grateful for a God that has allowed us to grow and get closer each day. 

Marty

2 comments: