Friday, April 5, 2024

This Is Freedom Day 4/5/2024

 Good Morning,

I am sitting at the desk in our den. I have our two dogs with me and both of them are snoozing after being fed. I have a hot cup of Door County Smores Coffee steaming next to me. It is time to write.

Sorry my friends. No you haven't missed any national or world wide celebrations on freedom. Today is and every day is a Freedom Day. Once your feet hit the floor you have the freedom to choose your approach to this day in 2024. 


You can celebrate the fact that you woke up. This day was given to us and we now can keep choosing how we handle what comes along with it. Obstacles that arrive with the day, can be greeted as a challenge. The challenge is to pray to God to show you and lead you through the challenges. You can choose to see Him at work or you can choose to be shackled by anger and frustration. Thus we chose to lose, and settle in with misery. 

Maybe Friday comes and it is pay day. You chose to grumble about the amount of money your employer paid you. Instead live freely to be happy you have a pay day at all. 

Psalm 118:24 NKJV  This is the day the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. 

If we were to change one word in Psalm 118:24, it would be to change the we into I. I will rejoice and be glad in it. It's your choice to be glad and walk humbly with God. Or you can choose to be miserable and walk alone in anger, hurt, despair and without purpose. I choose to take this day and to the best of my abilities make the most out of it.

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment