Thursday, April 18, 2024

Planning Ahead Is A Gift To Others. 4/18/2024

 Good Morning,

I have a hot cup of Door County Churro Coffee at my side and this has the makings of a great day. It is time to write.

Ecclesiastes 11:4 Farmers who wait for perfect weather, never plant. If they watch every cloud they never harvest. i


As much as it pains me to say this, the time has come for one of our apple trees to be cut down this fall and be made into wood for the smoker. I planted this tree in 1994 and it has run the race of time and is now finished. The old tree will produce it's last apples this summer and hopefully some will be harvested in the fall. 

We just purchased a new tree to take it's place. Weather permitting it will be planted this weekend. I mentioned to my wife that the new tree won't produce a lot of apples in the beginning, but eventually we will see some fruit. 

My thought is this. Some day this house will be sold and the new owners might or might not want apple trees. But I consider this new tree to be a gift to someone later down the road. If they make a pie or preserve the apples it is our gift to the future. 

Planning ahead to bless others is not a bad idea. In the meantime we hope to be able to continue making a gift of our apples to others. I still recall planting our apple trees and praying for them to be a blessing to us and others. I will repeat this process again this weekend. 

Have a great day! Plan ahead.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment