Monday, April 8, 2024

It's Best To Know Yourselves, Before The Bells Toll. 4/8/2024

 Good Morning,

A cup of Door County Chocolate Cherry Coffee is keeping me company this morning, unless I include our two sleepy English Springer Spaniels on the list as my morning companions. 

It's is coming close to wedding season and in addition to the nuptials of many, others will have that look of love in their eyes and proposals will happen right after graduations occur. 

Psalm 139:23-24 Search me o God and know my heart. Try me and know my anxieties; 24. And see if there is any wicked way in me, And lead me in the way everlasting. 

2 Corinthians 9:8 And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency - in all things at all times, that you may abound  in every good work.

Just a thought on marriage. It has been said many times, "Don't be in a rush to get married. Take time to get to know each other." I agree with that thought, but there is an important bit of knowledge lacking in that statement. To properly love, respect and honor someone else, I believe it is important that you know yourself . Knowing yourself needs to have total honesty with yourself. Knowing yourself, means you are ready to deeply know your faults and admit to yourself that you have faults.  Once admitted, you need to take ownership of improving on them. If you are one that bends the truth, make sure you aren't lying to yourself about having faults. A true love wants to know their own faults and make a plan to work to remove those faults before you say "I do". It is ok for us to say that we need a year to plan a wedding and work ourselves into marriage material. This takes honesty and a faith in God that He will hold you accountable or set you up with an accountability partner. 

Those of you languishing over being single, use this season of singleness to admit your faults and work to rebuild yourself. Knowing yourself and admitting your faults is the best gift you can give to a future spouse. 

Food For Thought.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment