Monday, April 1, 2024

Answer To A Spiritual Drought 4/1/2024

 Good Morning,

I went to bed early last night and found that a little extra rest was truly needed. I am taking on this day slowly and after I finish a second cup of Door County Vanilla almond Kringle Coffee. It is time to write.

John 4:14 ESV But whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life. 

Isaiah 58:11 ESV And the Lord will guide you continually and satisfy your desire in scorched places and make you bones strong; and you shall be like a watered garden , like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail. 


There have been times in my life when it just seems that God isn't speaking to me and my prayer life is there, but not effective. There have been those times that it feels like I am a punching bag for Satan and his antics. If it weren't for feeling defeated there would be no feelings at all. 

But then along comes someone who offers a word of encouragement or just wants to talk and pray with me. That person or persons have no idea that they are watering a drought laden spiritual life. They answered a call or a feeling to reach out and encourage me and others just with some Scripture, kind thoughts or prayer. They turn on the faucet to a spirit that is in stall mode and once again the river within begins to flow. They have no idea how much they have helped just by making a call or sending a message. 

If you have the gift of encouraging others and pushing them back into the battle, keep it up. You are appreciated and needed more than you know. If you have been on the receiving end of a spiritual jump start, make sure to thank those who have come along side of you and inspired you to put your helmet on, and sharpen your sword, as well as taking the dents out of your armor. They have been sent by God. He knows what you need  to carry on.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment