Monday, July 31, 2023

Monday Morning Madness Or Gladness. 7/31/2023

 Good Morning,

I am imbibing on a hot cup of Door County Coconut Caramel Coffee and it is now time to write. 

Last night as I was working in our den, preparing for a work day, my wife Rene started opening all the windows. She proclaimed that the weather was perfect for the windows to be open and the fresh air allowed to circulate in our home. It was a picture perfect evening for that. It made me not want to advance the calendar to Monday. 

Psalm 100:1-5 Make a joyful shout to the Lord, all you lands. 2. Serve the Lord with gladness; Come before His presence with singing. 3. Know that the Lord, He is God; It is He who made us, and not we ourselves. We are his people and the sheep of His pasture. 4. Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him and bless His name. 5. For the Lord is good; His mercy everlasting, and His truth endures to all generations. 

Our weekend was a busy one, but it was exceptionally nice, with plenty of activity and also time to rest up. I had time to pen some of my thoughts in a book designated to go to our daughter after my death. I had fallen behind a little and I made that up easily last night. 

But Monday came anyway and here I am sending out a thought for today. Each day has enough evil all on it's own. No need to bring some extra in. If you woke up today and you are on the outs with someone and your relationship is strained. Why carry it into one more day and invite it along as unneeded baggage. Each day like I said has enough evil in it, why bring leftovers to what could be a banquet instead? Purpose in your heart to forgive and start afresh and new on this first day of the week. It might be the best thing you ever did. But you must commit to see it through and want it to succeed in a mighty way. Change the title of your day to Monday Morning Gladness. 

Marty

2 comments:

  1. James 1:20 ESV - for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God

    ReplyDelete