Saturday, July 15, 2023

Time Spent By the Fire 7/15/2023

 Good Morning,

I just embraced this day with a large hot mug of Door County Toasted Praline Coffee and not it is time to write. 


I have a busy day ahead of me today and it is always nice to have things to do. However I am looking forward to a pizza tonight and a bonfire in our back yard. The weather should be perfect and I have plenty of wood to burn. 

Matthew 6:33-34 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these will be added unto you. 34. Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble. 

My wife Rene and I have been blessed to be able to go places and see things, but some my best times are when we slow down and just take some time to sit and enjoy a fire outside and listen to some music. As much as it is nice to be busy, it is also nice to just sit and take in some crackling wood and some sweet peach iced tea. I actually enjoy the fire more in the late fall and in the winter, but Rene lasts for about 5-10 minutes and sitting in the cold doesn't compare to the fireplace inside the house. Sometimes I wonder what is wrong with her!! 

My point for today is this. The summer is usually filled with activities such as weddings, graduations, family reunions, church picnics, maybe a trip or two somewhere and as always lots of yard work. My friends, take time to enjoy a seat by a fire or on a beach and watch the sun come down. That little bit of time for some rest and relaxation is built into your day. Walk away from the worries of this day for awhile and enjoy the evening. For in a few hours it will already be tomorrow. And who knows what tomorrow will bring.

God bless, 

Marty

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment