Wednesday, July 19, 2023

We Pay The Cost For All Opportunities 7/19/2023

 Good Morning,

I am starting late today due to unforeseen circumstances. I just sat down with a hot mug of Door County Candy Cane Coffee and it is time to write. 

Ephesians 5: 15-17 NLT 15. So be careful how you live. Don't live like fools, but like those who are wise. 16. Make the most of every opportunity in these evil days. 17. Don't act thoughtlessly, but understand what the Lord wants you to do. 


There is a lot to learn from Ephesians 5:15-17 and we will take a shot at some of it today. Never have I witnessed more advertising and distractions on television, or on the radio. There is always something that is calling out to us to get our attention. This passage warns us to be careful as we sort out opportunities that come our way. There are always things that when we choose to partake of them and commit time to them, something else in our life gets less attention. 

Understand this, we should put our schedule in the hands of God through prayer. We only have so much time per day. When we choose to partake in an opportunity, something else in our life gets slighted so we have to rebalance our time. For instance attending a baseball game is a lot of fun and my wife Rene and I partake in a few each summer. No harm there. But my evening quiet time with God has to be earlier, or later and I must confess that when a ball game goes into extra innings, I have to choose to stay up later, or go home before the game ends. There have been times, I am ashamed to say that my time with God was postponed to the next morning. 

We now live wiser and try to attend ball games that are played during the day. Don't be fooled. With every opportunity that comes our way, we have to pay a price. This leads us to put all things to prayer, choose wisely, and know what the Lord wants us to do.

Deep food for thought today. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment