Saturday, July 22, 2023

Just Do What It Says. 7/22/2023

 Good Morning,

I am up very early and meeting two of my buddies at church. We are going to whip up some breakfast for kids and leaders from our youth group. They held an all night lock in for the teens and I am sure we will be greeted by some hungry kids. I just poured a hot mug of Door County Inn Keepers Blend Coffee and now it is time to write. 


Many years ago when I was about thirteen years old I went deer hunting with my dad. I had all I needed as far as equipment went. What I lacked was hunting and survival savvy. My dad spent quite a bit of time teaching how to mark my location and how to read and use a compass. One thing he failed to tell me was to trust the compass and do what it said. As luck would have it I tried trailing a deer in the deep woods of Northern Wisconsin. I for sure was lost and decided to pull out my compass and head toward a highway that ran North and South. I needed to head straight West. After walking West for about 30 minutes, I decided that my compass had to be wrong and I was going the wrong way, So I turned in the direction that seemed to be correct in my mind and then really got lost. I failed to trust the constant that would not fail me. My dad found me, turned me around and made me follow my compass. Lo and behold I walked right up to the highway where the truck was parked.

God's Word the Bible is our compass for life and we need to trust in it and do what it says, not what we think we should do.

James 1:22 Do not merely listen to the Word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says!

Food for thought on the Saturday!

Marty



No comments:

Post a Comment