Thursday, July 13, 2023

Can You Lie To The Person In The Mirror? 7/13/2023

 Good Morning,

A hot mug of Door County Inn Keepers Blend Coffee is waiting for me in the kitchen and as soon as I am done writing I will be united with my morning java.

Yesterday I wrote hoping to inspire all of us to do our best at life and it's many activities and duties. Today I want to think about what happens when we don't give everything our best effort.

To be honest, when we fail it is pretty easy to convince others that we did our best and it just wasn't good enough. Most people will believe us and that is a shame. We can lie to others, yet while doing so we know the truth and we then try to lie to ourselves. We tell the story of our best effort and we start to believe our own lies. To remedy this excuse making, I recommend you walk up to a mirror and look yourself in the face. Then while looking eye to eye, tell yourself out loud that you did your best. Try lying to yourself. It should be difficult. If is isn't difficult to lie to yourself, you have a toxic situation. 

When you live out your lie, you also have God to reckon with. He knows the truth and he knows the evil in your heart that concocts the untruths. It really is a loose /lose situation when you don't strive to do your best and then offer up a weak excuse of lies. 

Psalm 101:7 No one who practices deceit shall dwell in my house; no one who utters lies shall continue before My eyes. 

Food for thought on this Thursday!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment