Sunday, July 30, 2023

Smarter Than I Look 7/30/2023

 Good Morning,

I have taken my seat in our den, with a hot cup of Door County Coconut Caramel Coffee and I am ready to write. 

One of the things I look forward to every month is the prayer gathering  that is held on the last Saturday of the month after our church service. Those that attend the prayer gathering are some real prayer warriors and the prayer time is priceless. We poll the group and ask if any of them knows of a prayer need and then someone or a few people will take that request and lift up prayer to heaven verbally. 

During the gathering last night one sweet little lady said she had a request, but that she wanted to pray for it herself. It went like this. "Lord I want to pray for Marty and his health. Thank you for giving Him the  knowledge he has. He is smarter than he looks". Well that statement got a quite chuckle from a few folks and we went on with our prayer time. What this little lady doesn't know is how much her praying for me and even thinking about me, meant to me. To be on her list of prayers and to have her remember me means a lot. One thing I have never been accused of is being smart. But her words of thanks melted my heart and today I just had to share this. Take time to thank God for those He places in your life to instruct, lead and love on you. Take time to go to God in prayer for them and maybe pray for them while they are physically in your presence. It won't send anyone on a huge ego trip, but to know the heart of another has them praying for you in thanks, makes life a little sweeter. 

God bless, you June. You made my day!!!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment