Thursday, July 20, 2023

Are You Sending God Some Joy? 7/20/2023

 Good Morning,

I have a hot cup of Door County Peanut Butter Crunch Coffee next to me and I am ready to write on this fine morning.

At night before I pray I try to take stock of my day, which includes my actions and my thoughts. Some nights as I review the last 12-18 hours I am pleased with myself and there are other days when I know I missed the mark of what God expects of me. 

3John 1:4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.

God finds joy in our righteous actions and when our lives align with His principles. If you truly survey your thoughts, words and actions, you will find that in many instances our own mouths can be like a cesspool. We count too much on others for our joy, we blame others for the choices we made and overall our lives are not a sweet aroma to God. We are the essence of skunk. God find joy in us when we walk in step with Jesus Christ who is the Truth. 

Are you sending God some joy today? Or are you sending an odor of sin and strife? You are as close to God as you choose to be.

Have a great day. Don't expect to find joy if you are not sending it up. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment