Monday, July 24, 2023

A Small Pebble In Your Shoe 7/24/2023

 Good Morning,

I am running very late today and I apologize for doing so. A hot cup of Door County Blueberry Cobbler Coffee is at my side and it is time to write. 

2 Timothy 1:14. By the Holy Spirit who dwells within us, guard the good deposit entrusted to you. 


For the last few days my wife Rene and I have been burning the late night oil. Our prayer time has taken us into the late hours. But here is my thought for the day. Better late than never. 

Yesterday morning I was up very early and as usual went outside with our dogs for their morning ritual. During that time I fill two bird feeders and survey the property of anything out of the ordinary. I have a bad habit of just wearing some old moccasins first thing in the morning. Coffee in hand, I go outside every day. During the process of filling the bird feeders yesterday I spilled a little bird seed into my moccasin on my left foot. That little seed immediately got under my bare foot and you could feel it there. Nothing excruciating about it, but it was an irritant. I shuffled my foot inside the moccasin, hoping the seed would just move. I had no such luck. I knew I would need to give in, sit down, remove the moccasin and clean off my foot or turn over the shoe and shake it to rid the irritating inconvenience. It required some action on my part. 

I am not the smartest guy in the world, but I know that small irritants to the foot in a shoe can become bigger issues. And believe it or not to get around healthy feet are important! That was some sarcasm friends!

The point for the day is this. Small things in our lives, such as hurt feelings, a bad cold, a pain here or there, misunderstandings, all start out as small items on the list of life, but can get bigger and more damaging if left ignored and unattended. As a cold worsens, it may need some medical attention. To me age is an inconvenience, but with age comes a list of what the doctor requires to keep you healthy. A small misunderstanding between two people can become an emotional boulder in lives and then becomes immovable. 

These small things require us to stop for a moment or longer and do something about them. What needs a little time now can turn into an event of greater time to be expended. Worse yet, if left unattended the small irritation might cause permanent damage. 

So if some action is required, seek out the solution today and get on it. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment