Monday, July 3, 2023

The River Is Never The Same. 7/3/2023

 Good Morning,

A hot mug of Door County Candy Cane Coffee is next to me and I am starting this day with prayer.

I am a duck hunter and over the last few years I have spent more time hunting ducks on a river than any other water source. I am amazed as to how much changes with the river year after year, or day after day. The depth of the water can vary. Deadfall trees create a new hazard. 

"No Man ever steps in the same river twice, for it is not the same river, and he is not the same man." 

Heraclitus

Think about it my friends. Even if there is not some amazing difference in a man that is noticeable, the man is another time span older since his last trip to the river. God has made it that way. We take things for granted and we often miss the slightest changes made to the things we do every day. We are blessed with change every morning and no morning is exactly the same. 

I am happy to say that despite how rapidly the things of life change it is God who never changes. 

Malachi 3:6 "For I the Lord do not change. Isaiah 40:8 The grass withers, the flowers fade. But the word of our God will stand forever. 

It is nice to know that God is never double minded or forgetful . We can rest in Him and He never says no. 

Have a great day. 

Marty



No comments:

Post a Comment