Sunday, July 23, 2023

Walking In The Rain 7/23/2023

 Good Morning, 

My day started with prayer and a hot cup of Door County Toffee Pretzel Coffee.  The radio is playing some old music in the back ground and it is time to write. 

Hosea 6:3 Let us know; let us press on to know the Lord. His going out is as sure as the dawn; He will come to us as the showers, as the spring rains that water the earth.


In our portion of this world we are experiencing drought conditions and rain has been very scarce. Last night we received some rain and before we buttoned up the house for bed I went outside with our two dogs so they could run around. There was a very easy rain coming down and I decided to just walk with them and let the rain fall on my head. I did not get soaked, but the rain felt good as it ran down my head. As I walked I prayed and thanked God for watering our apple trees, flowers and the vegetable garden.

You could say that I doubled up on our blessing. The much needed water was appreciated and the walk I took in that blessing seemed to wash some of the stress and worry from this last week away. 

I wish for those who are in a dry spell spiritually can take a walk in the blessings you have and refill your heart with peace, love and hope. Sometimes you just need to walk in the rain and count those blessings. Take some time for yourself today and reconnect with God and let Him rain on you.

Love to all,

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment