Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Advice From 96 Years 7/25/2023

 Good Morning, 

I just poured a hot mug of Door County Blueberry Cobbler Coffee and it is time to write. Today is my younger brother's birthday so I want to give a shout out to him and say Happy Birthday Jimmer!




Last Friday my mother in law turned 96 years old. Her family set up a small celebration at a local restaurant . Being her favorite son in law, I am always able to get in a few words of banter with her. I am the favorite because I am the only one! Earlier I asked her if she had any advice she could pass on from 96 years of life. She replied "Yes! Don't get old." In the last three years Mom has experienced a fall that led her to assisted living, the sale of her home and car and some of her freedom. She weathered through it, but is has been a struggle. So when she said not to get old, she meant it. 

I asked her how I could do that and she replied, "I guess you can't stop aging. But you should live life to it's full capacity and take pictures for when you can't go or do the things you used to. Your memory fades and pictures help to recall those fun days. Make lot's of fun days for yourself and my daughter." 

She made a good point and it is Biblical. 

Ecclesiastes3:12-13 I perceived that there is nothing better for them than to be joyful and do good as long as they live. 13. Also that everyone should eat and drink and take pleasure in all his toil. This is God's gift to man. 

Keep creating memories!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment