Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Burning The Candle At Both Ends 7/11/2023

Good Morning, 

My cup was filled with Door County  Caramel Pecan Scones Coffee and it is soothing to the body this morning. 

1 Peter 5:6-7 NLT So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time He will lift you up in honor. 7. Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares for you. 

Yesterday my family received some news about the health of a loved one of mine.  It was a shock to hear that cancer has once again entered the arena of our lives and that we will now wait on the treatment plan. I found myself falling asleep in prayer last night and then waking up in prayer. You could say I was burning the candles of prayer at both ends. 

I have always been one that has to fix things and I find it frustrating when I can't. This is one of those times. I turned this all over to God last night and He will be the physician, counselor, and shoulder to lean on during this battle. Cancer entered this world when sin came in way back with Adam and Eve. But I will watch as God does what He is going to do. I will watch as our small family pulls together and wages war against this beast. 

I will count on my readers to lift up my family member in prayer and take this walk with us. 

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment