Wednesday, May 17, 2023

You Are My Shade 5/17/2023

 Good Morning,

I am headed out early this morning for work. On these early days I always carry a Thermos bottle filled with coffee. This morning my Thermos bottle is filled with Door County Pecan Cinnamon Ice Cream Coffee and it will hold me over for the rest of the day. 

I was working on a study that requires listing all the things God is for me. We are to use supporting Scripture and also we are to try and think out of the box. 

Not long ago I was splitting some fire wood by hand and it was rather warm outside. I had worked up a good sweat and was thinking about going inside for a five minute rest and some cold water. Just as I set the axe down my wife came outside with a large glass of iced tea and a towel to dry my face. I sat in the shade drinking my tea and then it came to me. 

God provided the shade of the tree to cool me. God gave me a wife that cares enough about me to keep me hydrated. God provided shade and water for me. 

Psalm 121:5 The Lord watches over you. He is the shade at your right hand. 

Isaiah 43:20 The beasts of the field will glorify Me. The jackals and the ostriches. because I have given water in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert. To give drink to my chosen people. 

Psalm 123:1 The Lord is my Shepherd , I shall not want.

Food for thought,

Marty




No comments:

Post a Comment