Thursday, May 25, 2023

Something Was Missing 5/25/2023

 Good Morning,

I just poured a very hot cup of Door County Caramel Pecan Scones Coffee and I used it to warm up a little. 

Two days ago the weather was nice and warm. I worked outside all day and kept myself hydrated pretty well. But something was missing. About 10:00am I figured it out. I hadn't made my first pitcher of sweet peach tea. I stopped all work for a few minutes and the sun tea container came out, was filled with water, peach nectar, and some green tea bags, I hold off on the sugar until it is done sunning itself. That pitcher of tea will be the first of many this summer. 

Yesterday when I returned home from work, my wife Rene met me at the door with a glass filled with sweet peach iced tea. Why am I obsessed with writing about tea? It wasn't the tea that was special it was the greeting I received from my wife. 

Today is her birthday and although we have been married for 1000 years she is only 29 years old according to her. I might be aging and my brain gets foggy, but it seems that she was 29 years old last year and the year before that! 

As each year goes by I find that it's the small things that she does which makes me appreciate her more and more.  Friends, we all should not have to look very hard to find some kind thing that we can do for our spouse, children, or friends now and then. That small act of kindness might be just what was missing in someone else's day. Go ahead and let the kindness within you spill over and add some sugar to someone's day. 

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment