Sunday, May 14, 2023

Nana Buns Happy Mothers Day 5/14/2023

 Good Morning,

I am in Door County Wisconsin in front of a fireplace drinking of Course Door County Cinnamon Hazelnut Coffee and taking my sweet time doing it. There is no rushing me to anything today.

Hebrews 10:23-25 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful. And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging  on another, and all the more as you see the day drawing near. 


My heart goes out today to all the ladies on the "Mother's Day" . My mother passed away 23 years ago and as I take some time to remember her today I can't help but feel a little sad. My mother although wouldn't tolerate me being a sad sack for too long. I do however feel sorry for my sibling and all the grand children she left behind. There is a large age gap between my daughter and the kids of my siblings. Of course our daughter and I had Mom/Nana around longer than the others. We really saw her in her healthier days and at her best. 

Once Mom passed away my dad and I could never fill her shoes for the family. We just aren't the nurturing and compassionate kind of guys that could even attempt to fill that roll. We are more of the "Suck it up Butter Cup" kind of guys that could never ever fill the role of a mother. I did however master making Mom's bread rolls. Now and then I will make a batch and try to share them with family. 

My point for today is this. Cherish the time you have, or had with your mother. Learn some of the traditions before it's too late and practice them in honor of her after she is gone. Don't forget what she taught you. 

God Bless,

Marty

2 comments:

  1. Marty,
    I need to thank you for this Mother's day blog, I now realize some of the wrongs that I did to my mother. I am going to the Father to confess them and ask His forgiveness.

    ReplyDelete