Monday, May 8, 2023

Sleep Peacefully 5/8/2023

 Good Morning, 

I have more than a busy week ahead of me and it started today. I just poured a hot cup of Door County Inn Keepers Blend Coffee and it is time to write. I expect this day to last long into the night. 

Psalm 4:8 In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety.

Sleep is often overlooked and not valued enough. A restless sleep is like a pot roast that no matter what you do to it the meat is tough and hard to chew. God values our sleep more often than we do. In the passage above we see that we can lie down in peaceful sleep, but there is a condition that needs to be met. It is in the statement "For You Alone Lord" we should see that we should surrender our worries, our stress, our anger over to the Lord and accept His providence and will. You can't make war with others all day long and then shut it off and get some rest. Most of the time you will find that your sleep time is spent wrestling with your own evil of the day and worse yet struggling with the day ahead. Make me dwell in safety requires the submission to God, His leadership and His ways. 

Take some time to examine yesterday and today before you go to bed. If you have entertained thoughts of anger, rage and "whoa is me" attitudes don't expect to sleep well. God gave us the recipe for sleep, desires that we do sleep, and it is up to us to follow His Word.

Rest well tonight my friends!

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment