Friday, May 19, 2023

Falling Back To The Bible 5/19/23

 Good Morning,

I am anticipating a great day this Friday morning. Our grandson will be flying in today for a long weekend. We are looking forward to that plane landing. I just poured a large cup of Door County Pumpkin Spice Coffee and it is time to write. 

In recent days I have heard more and more people just exclaim that they seem to be wandering with no hope. They lack direction and even the smallest of things are a huge endeavor for them. In a couple of instances I asked the troubled soul if they had a Bible and if they did, do they read it. In general they did not own a Bible and if they did they hadn't looked at it for a long time. 

I find that if I stay away from reading God's Word, I slowly find myself wondering why and how I am to get through some days. Life as many of us know is stressful and overwhelming at times. God loves us so much that He left us with a "Users Manual" to fall back on and read that we might get through each day. 

Romans 15:4 For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. 

I have this macho attitude at times that literally makes me stumble. For instance when assembling a new gas grill I just set the assembly instructions aside and started putting it together. It wasn't long before I realized that A was meant to go with C and not B and the grill was not going to stand level. Then I decided to read the directions and start over. Only if I had read the directions. I would have saved a lot of time and frustration. Not to mention my wife's inevitable "I told you so"

The Bible is always there to fall back on and regroup. Why not be in it before hand and feed on it daily?

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment