Wednesday, May 10, 2023

I Took Some Time 5/10/2023

 Good Morning,

The sunshine is streaming through the window as I begin to write. A hot cup of Door County Inn  Keepers Blend Coffee is next to me and all is good.

James 1:17 Every good gift and every prefect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. 


I returned home from a fast trip to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan last night and it was good to be home. I was close to the town where my parents are buried and it has been a long time since I visited the cemetery. Being as close as I was, it was only fitting to stop and inspect the graves and pay my respects. There are several other relatives buried there and I took some time at their graves also and had some fond memories. I was in a hurry to get home, so visiting others in town just couldn't happen this time. 

I didn't expect the visit to the cemetery to have the impact it had on me. The memories that flooded my mind and my heart were all good, but my mood changed to somber and quiet for the rest of the day. As a matter of fact I am still a little melancholy this morning as I search for the words to write. The time spent was short. I will say this. It was good to stroll the cemetery. It triggered fond memories and it also reminded me of how much I miss those who are gone on before me. It also reminded me to keep making memories with those I still have with me. 

My point for today is this. In the end after the houses are sold and inheritances are doled out. You might have a keepsake or two stashed away, but all you really have are your memories. So make as many memories as you can! Enjoy the good times as much as you can, because those strolls through the cemetery can be rather lonely. God bless.

Marty


No comments:

Post a Comment