Sunday, May 21, 2023

Frustration, It's Hard to Deal With. 5/21/2023

 Good Morning,

Daylight has just started to pierce the sky and the morning is full of song birds waking up. I just poured a hot mug of Door County Country Morning Blend Coffee and It is time to write. 

My Coffee is delicious. The temperature is just right and I guess that should be good enough for me. Last night while dining in the city with family and a friend, as we left the restaurant to go home, that is when we discovered  our truck had been broken into, ransacked and some items were stolen. I was reminded several times that it was  good that we hadn't gone outside sooner and got ourselves into an altercation with the thieves. For a long time last night my pride was taking over and I was wishing that I had encountered the thieves and it might have been a different deal. 

But as I sit here being reminded that you cannot protect personal property with force and the fact that I am not 21 years old anymore, the situation could have been much worse. The items stolen from our truck can all be replaced. The damage to the truck body can be repaired. What was really stolen was the good time we were enjoying with people we love. In the long run we will probably not return to that area anymore. That experience was also stolen. But one thing for sure is this. All four of us are home, safe and sound and we are all still here to be able to enjoy family and friendship. I found a Bible verse to help me deal with the frustration of the whole mess. 

Psalm 37:7-8 Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him. Do not fret because of  him who prospers in his way. Because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass. Cease from anger, and forsake wrath. Do not fret, it only causes harm. 

Just sitting here thinking. It could have been much worse.

Marty

1 comment:

  1. Marty, so sorry for that experience for all of you but, it brings to mind
    Matt 6:19-21, God bless
    Glad you are all safe,

    ReplyDelete