Saturday, May 20, 2023

The Old Man Grows Older 5/20/2023

 Good Morning,

I am writing pretty early this morning as I am headed out to see how our youngest dog Leo does on his hunt test today. I just poured a hot mug of Door County Pumpkin Spice Coffee and I am ready to write. 

Yesterday our grandson came for a visit and not everything worked out as planned. But we always have a back up plan. Dominick helped me unload firewood from my truck that I had picked up earlier. It wasn't too long before we tackled splitting some of the logs that were setting on the side of the garage. It wasn't the first time the two of us tackled a project or two. But this time I yielded the splitting mall to the man and just sat back as he whacked at the wood. It was apparent that this younger man was able to split that wood a lot faster than I can now. Watching him reminded me of my younger years when I thought that splitting firewood was fun and a great workout at the same time. Now I consider it to be exercise and a chore that is at times a pain in the keester. 

I went to bed thinking about some of the time we spent when Dom was younger and where did that time go? My conclusion for the day is this . There once was a man and a boy. The boy grew older and so did the old man. That is a fact of life. 

2 Corinthians 4:16 So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. 

God bless,

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment