Wednesday, May 10, 2023

There Will Be Peace In The Valley 5/11/2023

 Good Morning,

I just sat down to write and enjoy my cup of Door County Inn Keepers Blend Coffee. Let's see where this day takes us.

One of my favorite old Hymn is "Peace In The Valley" sung by Elvis Presley. The way it is sung presents the thought of hope for tomorrow and the desire for the blessing of peace. It bemoans a person who is weary from problems yet he knows that someday his life will be at peace. One statement the writer makes is that he desires a change in his lifestyle and part of the peace he will experience is a major change in himself. 

Often at times we have peace running away from us and it seems impossible to find. We search for answers and serve up excuses while placing blame on others. True peace comes when we make changes in our life that support a peaceful outcome. People might think that we are part canine because we growl all day long. We are filled with sleepless nights and are "dog tired" because we growl and snarl all day long. If you are seeking peace in your valley, start by reading your Bible and live by the principle, Luke 6:31 Do Unto Others as you would have the do unto you. 

Marty

 Lyrics Peace In The Valley

Oh well, I'm tired and so weary

But I must go alone'Til the Lord comes and callsCalls me away, oh yes
Well, the morning's so brightAnd the lamp is alightAnd the nightNight is as black as the sea, oh yes
There will be peace in the valley for me, some dayThere will be peace in the valley for me, oh Lord I prayThere'll be no sadness, no sorrowNo trouble, trouble I seeThere will be peace in the valley for me
Well the bear will be gentleAnd the wolves will be tameAnd the lion shall lay downBy the lamb, oh yes
And the beasts from the wildShall be lit by a childAnd I'll be changedChanged from this creature that I am, oh yes
There will be peace in the valley for me, some dayThere will be peace in the valley for me, oh Lord I prayThere'll be no sadness, no sorrowOh my Lord, no trouble, trouble I seeThere will be peace in the valley for me, for me
Source: Musixmatch
Songwriters: Thomas A. Dorsey





No comments:

Post a Comment