Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Planting The Flowers 5/24/2023

 Good Morning,

My cup was just filled with very hot Door County Pretzel Toffee Coffee and it is time to write. 

Proverbs 31:10-11 Who can find a virtuous wife? For her worth is far above rubies. 11. The heart of her husband safely trusts her. She will have no lack of gain. 


I spent most of yesterday planting flowers in our gardens and pots. Normally my wife Rene works with me and we accomplish that annual event together. This year finds Rene working with her family to close out their mother's house. They have been extremely busy in doing so. Rene's mom has also had a barrage of appointments that needed to be kept. Rene has also been busy taking Mother to her appointments. There really is no time for her to work on the flowers before Memorial Day

Last week I mentioned the flowers to her and asked if she minded if I went and purchased them and planted everything. At first she was hesitant, just as if I were 16 years old and asked to use the car. I assured her that in the 1000 years we have been married I believed I was well trained as to what she likes for flowers. I missed working with her, but since Rene has a birthday this week I did not want her to be gardenless. My gift to her was this project. She consented to let me go for it. 

I am not trying to brag about my accomplishment. Nothing is really growing yet. I am saying this. My wife is worth every drop of sweat I put into the project. And if the flowers bring her any happiness at all my mission was accomplished. Sometimes people won't ask for help. There comes a time that you just have to step up and go for it.

God bless,

Marty


1 comment:

  1. Can’t wait to see everything in bloom, I’m sure she will love it and it will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete