Monday, May 22, 2023

Changing Of The Guard 5/22/2023

 Good Morning,

I will go after some Door County Blueberry Cobbler Coffee later this morning. I am ready to write. 

For the last few days our grandson has been visiting with us. He returns to Georgia later this morning. I just dropped him off at the airport. We had a fun three days and packed in with the fun was some plain old good talk that went on. 

Psalm 20:4 May He grant your heart's desire and fulfill all your plans. 


One thing we were able to do and Grandma went along with us was to do some sporting clay shooting. Grandma was the official score keeper and she ran the trap buttons. It was nice for all three of us to be out there together. It's come to be that time in life when all the young kids that I took out shooting and humbled  almost all of the time can outshoot me now.  Yesterday was no exception. At the end of the shooting and Grandma tallied the score, Grandpa was humbled with the low score. There was some pride in our grandson's eyes as it is always a good feeling to win against your teacher. 

For me, it was a proud moment to see and know that the now "Man" was at least taught one thing by the old dude. 

As I sit and write my heart is heavy because it probably won't be until January that we see him and our daughter again. There is just only so much time to say what you want to say in a long weekend. So my advice or comment of the day is this. Cherish the good times and make sure to start planning the next visit. It is always heart warming to have something to look forward to. And my friends, you deserve a warm heart!

Marty

1 comment: